An overview of our investment philosophy
Split Rock Partners invests in leading software, Internet services, and healthcare companies. We bring the resources and expertise necessary to lead both primary and direct secondary investments where we solve the liquidity needs of a company’s shareholders including its founders, management, employees, and investors. Our capital is patient and our approach is flexible – we want to partner with strong teams building leading companies.
We seek investment opportunities in which our resources and experience can aid in helping build successful businesses and create the potential for substantial capital appreciation. In reviewing potential investments, we emphasize the following criteria:
- Outstanding management teams. It is our belief that outstanding leadership is what makes great ideas valuable.
- Solutions that deliver a compelling value proposition.
- Sound business models capable of generating high operating margins.
- Potential to scale the business rapidly in a capital-efficient manner.
- Market size that supports building a substantial business.
- Companies that offer products or services with competitive proprietary positions.
For opportunities fitting these criteria, we make investments across all stages of company development where we can lead or co-lead our initial investment and use our network of contacts to enhance a company's opportunities for success.
We support our portfolio companies in whatever ways help maximize their success. We often serve as engaged board members, offering operational experience and assistance in setting strategic direction, building management teams, connecting our portfolio companies with other resources, raising additional capital and planning liquidity strategies. Our approach in working with management teams is flexible, but our goal remains constant – bringing resources to bear that help companies succeed.